Notices & Closures
Upper Oso Campground is Closed until further notice.
Upper Oso Campground
Los Padres National Forest | Santa Barbara, CA
Searching for a summer adventure for the whole family? Head to the mountains for swimming, hiking and biking, along with trout fishing and horseback riding, if you bring along the horse. There’s even off-roading (OHV) on a 10-mile loop through surrounding forest. It’s all yours to explore when you set up camp in the Upper Oso Campground, in Los Padres National Forest. Set out on great trails that begin in and around the campground. Paddle away in your kayak or float in a boat at nearby Cachuma Lake Recreation Area. When it’s time for ice cream, Santa Barbara is a 25-mile drive.
• Single-family, walk-in, and equestrian sites
• Tent and RV camping (no hookups)
• Picnic tables, grills, drinking Water
• Horse corrals, horse watering station, off-road vehicle trails
• Hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding trails
• Firewood is available for sale at the Camp Host site
Please Note: Rising river levels can prompt campground closures in the winter