Notices & Closures
Sand Dollar Beach Day Use Area
Los Padres National Fores | Big Sur, CA
Let your worries slip away as you watch whales and dolphins make their way along the coast at Sand Dollar Beach. Located below the dramatic Pacific Valley cliffs, this crescent-shaped beach is the longest and widest in Big Sur. The beach boasts turquoise-blue waters and a picturesque mountain backdrop, providing the perfect setting for beachcombing, lounging, fishing, and swimming. If the tide is low, you can explore the tide pools located at both ends of the beach, and the south is the best place for surfing enthusiasts. You can access the beach via a short walking trail and staircase, with restrooms available in the parking lot.
• Lagoon-like crescent-shaped beach
• Beachcombing, swimming, fishing, and surfing
• Shaded picnic areas and restrooms
• Big Sur’s longest and widest beach
• There is no drinking water available at Sand Dollar Beach.
• Dogs are permitted but must be kept on a leash.
$30.00 per van
$50.00 per bus