"From the Redwoods to the Sea" describes the unique topography of Limekiln State Park. This gem of a park, 52 miles south of Carmel, adjoins the Ventana Wilderness area of the Los Padres National Forest. On the legendary Big Sur coastline where the Santa Lucia Mountains meet the Pacific, the park’s more than 700 acres offer peaceful solitude, a breathtaking waterfall, and seascapes of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
TENT CAMPING ONLY in Redwoods section (sites 17 through 29). (No Camper Vans, RVs, or Travel Trailers)
Day Use Hours are 8AM-5PM
No State Parks Passes are Accepted at this location. (see https://store.parks.ca.gov/golden-poppy-annual-day-use-pass/)
The Day Use entrance fee is $10 and, as with most other State Parks along Big Sur, it cannot be used for entrance into other parks.
We have LIMITED Day Use parking. Limekiln State Park is not set up to accommodate groups.
Sites 1 and 2 require you drive a 4WD vehicle to access them
- $35.00 per single family site per night for up to 6 people and 1 vehicle
- $10.00 extra person (up to 8) per night and $10.00 extra vehicle charge (up to 2) per night
- $10.00 day use fee per vehicle
Cash/Credit Cards Accepted
***EXPECT TRAFFIC AND PARKING DELAYS AT LIMEKILN STATE PARK OVER THE BUSY SUMMER SEASON AND ESPECIALLY HOLIDAY WEEKENDS***
We are experiencing a high demand for parking on busy summer and holiday weekends.
Due to this demand, traffic can back up our entrance road leading to long delays and our day use parking lot can fill to capacity.
We will make every effort to accommodate all of our visitors, but if we run out of parking, you may be turned away.
Follow these tips to help get the best chance to find a parking place:
- Come during the week! Beat the crowds and come on a weekday.
- Arrive early. If we fill up, it is normally in the mid-afternoon.
- Do not park in undesignated areas! Parking along the highway in undesignated areas near Park entrance is illegal and may result in citation.
- Parking availability is dynamic and it is hard for park staff to know if we will have parking available when you arrive.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to accommodate you and our other visitors during the busy Summer season.
- Beach Access
- Campfire Rings
- Creek Access
- Day Use Area
- Drinking Water
- Firewood Vendor
- Flush Toilets
- RV sites
- Self Pay Station
- Waterfront Sites
• TENT CAMPING ONLY in site 17 through 29. No Camper Vans, RVs, or Travel Trailers.
• DANGER: Coastal cliffs and the walls of Limekiln Canyon are steep and unstable. DO NOT CLIMB.
• WARNING: Use extreme caution near the ocean; unexpectedly high waves and strong currents can surprise you.
• Recreational vehicles over 24 feet cannot maneuver in the park. Maximum trailer length is 15 feet.
• Parking is limited to one or two vehicles per site. See the site limit when reserving.
• Showers are only for registered campers.
• Dogs must be kept on a six-foot leash at all times; only service animals are permitted on trails.
• Fires are permitted only in provided fire rings. Do not gather dead or down wood. Firewood is sold at the entry kiosk.
• Natural and cultural features are protected by state law and may not be removed or altered.
• Please help us preserve the natural features of the park by staying on trails.
• POISON OAK: Avoid poison oak’s itchy rash by staying on trails and in designated campground areas.
•Day Use Hours are 8AM-5PM
•No State Parks Passes are Accepted at this location. (see https://store.parks.ca.gov/golden-poppy-annual-day-use-pass/)
•The Day Use entrance fee is $10 and, as with most other State Parks along Big Sur, it cannot be used for entrance into other parks.
•We have LIMITED Day Use parking. Limekiln State Park is not set up to accommodate groups.