Find Your Next Adventure
Fremont Campground is a family-friendly facility located just off California's western coast. It provides access to a variety of hiking, biking and horseback riding trails, as well as some off-road vehicle trails, in a scenic area.
- $10.00 extra person (up to 8) per night and $10.00 extra vehicle charge (up to 2) per night
- Memorial to Labor Day
- Golden Age/Golden Access Pass for single family campsites only
- Parks Management Day Use Annual Pass
The campground offers more than a dozen sites for tent or RV camping. Some sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Large accessible sites are also available.
Each site is equipped with a table, campfire ring with grill and a pedestal grill. Accessible flush toilets and drinking water are provided. Firewood is available for purchase from the host.
- Accessible Sites
- Accessible Vault Toilets
- Bait Shop
- Campfire Rings
- Drinking Water
- Firewood Vendor
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Mountain Biking
- Paved Parking Spurs
- Paved Roads
- River Access
- Self Pay Station
- Trash Collection
The Santa Ynez River is popular for a variety of water-related recreation. It can be accessed at nearby White Rock Day Use Area. Cachuma Lake Recreation Area, a no-body-contact reservoir, is also nearby. It offers boating, kayaking and fishing opportunities.
Visitors enjoy access to a variety of hiking, biking and horseback riding trails. The Aliso National Recreation Trail is a popular, 2.5-mile loop available close to the campground. Also nearby is the 18-mile Santa Cruz Trail, which provides access to a variety of other trails in the area. The Camuesa OHV Route and its connectors are within 10 miles.
- Fire restrictions (on all campfires and charcoal fires) may be imposed at any time, due to hot, dry weather conditions; check www.campone.com for current fire restrictions.
- Poison oak is abundant in the area; use caution.
- All single campsite reservations are good for 6 people and 1 vehicle.
- Maximum number of people per single site is 8 ($10.00 additional charge per person per night after 6 people.) Maximum number of vehicles per single site is 2 ($10.00 additional charge for 2nd vehicle per night). Extra Vehicle and person fees will be charged at the facility.
- Click here for more information on the Los Padres National Forest.
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov.
The large city of Santa Barbara is located about 18 miles from the campground. The coast is not far beyond that. The campground is located in the Lower Santa Ynez Recreation Area of the Santa Barbara Ranger District. It is situated in an forest of mostly oak trees in hilly terrain at an elevation of about 1,000 feet. The campground is full of lush greenery and is shady.