Find Your Next Adventure
The campground is located among oak trees and grassland meadow. This campground serves as a main departure point for the Ventana Wilderness on the Lost Valley Trail and is used as a staging area for equestrian, backpackers, and hunters.
It is part of the Indians Recreation Area which is located in Monterey County, approximately 39 miles west of King City via Jolon Road, which is paved, and through Fort Hunter Liggett. The three mile road section between Memorial CG and Escondido CG is unpaved. The headwaters of the Arroyo Seco River are nearby. Surrounding vegetation consists of oak trees and grassland meadows.
- $20.00 per night per single family site for up to 6 people and 1 vehicle
- $10.00 extra person (up to 8) per night and $10.00 extra vehicle charge (up to 2) per night
- $10.00 day use fee per vehicle
- Golden Age/Golden Access Pass for single family campsites only
- Parks Management Day Use Annual Pass
There is no water available at this campground
- Bird Watching
- Campfire Rings
- Day Use Area
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Horse Corrals
- Horse Watering Station
- Mountain Biking
- River Access
- Self Pay Station
- Vault Toilets
- Wildlife Viewing
During winter wet weather, Monterey County implements a seasonal gate closure that closes the unpaved section of road and prevents access to Escondido CG.