Notices and Closures
The Sycamore Canyon Road Improvement Project will begin Sept. 24 at 6 AM and the road to Pfeiffer Beach will be closed to the public Sunday Nights until Fridays at 1 pm. Pfeiffer Beach DUA will be open when Sycamore Road is open from 1 pm Fridays through Sunday evenings. This is scheduled to continue until after November 1st, at this time. Check back for updates as we will know more once work has started. We are pushing for earlier and we will keep everyone posted here.
- Start: September 24th until roughly November 1st.
- Closed - Sunday Night until Fridays at 1 pm
- Open - Fridays at 1 pm until Sundays Evening.
- Los Padres National Forest has advised us that they have moved to Extreme Fire Danger. Be prepared as the following changes have taken effect and will remain in effect until the order is lifted.
- Wood and charcoal fires prohibited on National Forest lands including Campfire Use Sites
- Gas stoves and lanterns are allowed only in Campfire Use Sites (TIP: Portable propane Fire Rings are the best alternative for campfire experience.)
- Smoking prohibited in all areas except in vehicles, building and Campfire Use Sites
Highway One Access
Highway 1 is NOW OPEN from the North and South. Enjoy the ride.
Additional Campsites to become Reservable
To better serve campers and their families, additional Los Padres campsites managed under concession by Parks Management Company (PMC) will become available for the public to reserve through the National Recreation Reservation System (NRRS) beginning May 1, 2018.
The Los Padres National Forest offers a total of 869 campsites for our visitors to enjoy and now 548 of those are reservable, allowing campers a better “plan ahead” option. As always, if a campsite is not reserved, it will still be available on a ‘First Come First Served’ basis. These two options are part of our continuing commitment to better serve the public and optimize the visitor experience throughout the Los Padres National Forest. Happy Camping!!
Please use a map to check your route before traveling.
Bottchers Gap is still under a temporary closure. We will update and post updates here.